New terms and conditions covering my business relationship with clients take effect 1 June 2016. The terms and conditions, entitled “Working together”, are available at dtjoyce.com/terms. The latest version builds on and clarifies previous versions of the document, the most recent of which took effect 1 February 2013.
A summary of changes in the terms and conditions is below.
- My name, Dustin Tyler Joyce, replaces the Seoighe name throughout the document.
- Sections and paragraphs are now numbered for easier reference.
- Paragraph 2.C, Electronic invoicing, has been moved from section 4, Payment, to section 2, Billing & invoicing.
- Paragraph 3.A, Payment deadline, has been updated to clarify that clients have 30 calendar, not business, days to pay invoices before late fees start accruing. (Paragraph 5.A details late fees for unpaid invoices.)
- The language in section 4, Payment, has been simplified to explain that I am happy to accept as many forms of payment as possible. The list of payment methods that I accept has been updated.
- The following paragraphs are entirely new:
- 1.B, Definitions.
- 2.B, Expenses.
- 5.B, Collection fees.
- 6.E, Creative Commons. (A comprehensive new copyright notice for dtjoyce.com is available at dtjoyce.com/copyright.)
- 7.A, Independent contractor status.
- 7.B, Etsy shop.
- 8.B, Indemnification.
- 8.C, Waiver of counterclaims.
- 8.D, Validity of digital version.